Instructions for 341 meeting - how to upload docs etc.
Telephonic Section 341(a) meetings in WDMO
- Provide the trustee a copy of the debtor’s photo ID and SSN verification prior to the meeting. Upload the copies to the trustee’s FTP Server under the heading “341 ID Docs” before the scheduled Sec. 341 meeting.
- If your client needs a language interpreter, please contact a staff attorney at least two business days prior to the hearing.
Tips for debtor's counsel in preparing debtors for telephonic Section 341(a) meetings:
- Make sure your clients have the notice of the Section 341(a) meeting, a copy of their petition, schedules & plan.
- Confirm with your client the meeting date, time and the phone number/access code as soon as practicable after the case is filed.
- Remind your client to check their USPS mail for documents from the court and the trustee.
- Provide your client with a copy of the trustee's telephone hearing instructions.
- Confirm that your client will have access to a telephone on the date of the hearing; and, that if they use a mobile phone that they will be in a location with good connectivity.
- Confirm your client is familiar with the telephone they will use for the meeting, in particular how to use the mute feature.
- Advise your client to dial into the meeting; to put their phone on mute until their case is called; and that they do not need to check in with the trustee prior to their case being called.
- Advise your client that there will be multiple hearings called on the hearing docket and that they should be prepared to wait for up to an hour before their case is called.
- Review the standard questions with your client.
- Review with your client issues raised in objections to confirmation of their plan and any non-standard questions they may be asked.
- Remind them to have copies of their petition, plan and schedules available during the meeting.